Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 14

A productive day in the park


All three comes from John Rechy's City of Night. I made them in, or around, the Ramble.

The one to the far right is based on one of my favorite quotes:

"Unexpectedly at night you may come upon scenes of crushed intimacy along the dark twisting lanes. In the eery mottled light of a distant lamp, a shadow lies on his stomach on the grasspatched ground, another straddles him: ignoring the danger of detection in the last moment of exiled excitement"


They all come from Paul Auster's Moon Palace. I made them close to 72nd Street on the West side of the park.

The one to the far left, as well as the one in the middle belongs to some of my favorite quotes:

"It took me a while to adjust, but once I accepted the idea of putting things into my mouth that had already touched the mouths of others, I found no end of nourishment around me."  

"I began giving funny names to the garbage cans. I called them cylindrical restaurants, pt-luck dinners, municipal care packages - anything that could deflect me from saying what they really were."


These comes from Jack Finney's Time and Again. I made them close to 72nd Street on the West side of the park.

 
Here's three drawings from Maureen Howard's The Rags of Time. The one in the middle were made on a bench on Strawberry Field, right by the IMAGINE piece. The other two were made in the Ramble.  

The one on the middle is one of my favorites as well:
"He came toward her, laughing. His front teeth broken, she would remember; all but one, the one capped with gold. He rapped his stick on stone.
What did you think I was goin' to do, girl?
I don't know. I don't know."

No comments:

Post a Comment