Wednesday, June 16, 2010

This blog might be part of an art project that takes place in Central Park in the summer of 2010. It all depends on the activity of this blog. During three June-weeks in New York, Central Park will partly become my studio. 

I've conducted lots of research before my departure from San Francisco - I've been reading novels. Through great recommendations I've now collected quotes from 12 different novels, all quotes from Central Park. On a map I've later marked all the different spots that the quotes refer to. The next step is to visit them all and make drawings. Each drawing will carry the quote from a novel. Each novel is connected to a unique outlined drawing and I will fold the drawing into different geometrical shapes based on what novel the quote is extracted from. By the use of a transfer paper there will be one original drawing as well as a copy. The transferred copy might be the only reason for anyone to ever come across this blog. That's the drawing I left behind in the park.

Tomorrow will be the first day I'll leave a drawing behind with the address to this blog. My guess is that some of my drawings will end up in the trashcan, but some might find its way to curious observers. You can always revisit this site if a specific drawing, and its belonging information, hasn't been published. That might just mean I haven't gotten back from the park. And if you do come across one of my drawings, please feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment