Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 7


From left to right: Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (Southeast corner of Reservoir). John Irving, The Hotel New Hampshire (Between Reservoir and Tennis Courts).



From left to right: Maureen Howard, A Lover's Almanac (Between Reservoir and Tennis Courts). Paul Auster, Moon Palace (Southeast corner of Reservoir).

These two belong to some of my favorite quotes:

"These are known as exhaustive events, Lou. One must occur, has occurred. Both may occur. Exhaustive events cover all possibilities. So that's where we must be, Sweetheart, on the island of overlap in the beauty of inter-section."   

"One morning, an old man sat down beside me on a bench, stuck out his hand, and introduced himself as Frank. 'You may call me Bob if you want to', he said, 'I'm not fussy. Just as long as you don't call me Bill, we'll get along fine."  

No comments:

Post a Comment